Season 1, Episode 1 – Aired: 1/21/2009
Pilot


The murder of a teacher prompts The Lightman Group to investigate a student who was seen fleeing the murder scene. Meanwhile, the team also takes on the case of a politician who is accused of paying for sex.

看动漫学职场英语,网络最红张小盒亲授>>

1. I don’t have much faith in words myself.
反正别人说的话我也不太相信。

2. We went at him for four hours, got nothing.
我们已经审问了他4个小时,但是仍然一无所获。
go at sb. 攻击某人,向某人扑过去。片中是说对一个人狂轰滥炸式的审问。

3. DOD friend of mine said this guy’s a total nutjob.
国防部的哥们说这人完全不务正业
*nutjob是个新词,拆开字面解释是难对付的工作,也就是一般人不做的工作。这里理解为不务正业。
*DOD(Department Of Defense)美国国防部。之前出现了ATF(美国烟酒、火器管理局)


4. It lasted for less than a fifth of a second. It’s what we call a “microexpression”.
这个表情只持续了不到五分之一秒,被称为“微表情”。
*看微表情看来视力一定要好,要锐利敏捷,不是一般人可以做到的啊~~

5. I got piss-drunk last night with my roommate.
昨晚我和室友喝高了。

6. No offense taken.
我不介意。

7. The mayor thanks you and Dr. Foster for coming on short notice.
市长感谢你和福斯特博士这么快赶来。

8. This case is a land mine.
这个案子很棘手。
*棘手得就犹如地雷。

9. polygraph test    测谎

10. Cal: I heard you made your schools track team. 我听说你进了学校田径队。
Boy: I don’t make it. They don’t have tryouts. 我没有进,他们没有选拔过
*加入田径队这里用make~~或许是特指经过选拔以后的加入

10. You two had a fling.
你们俩有一腿
fling: If two people have a fling, they have a brief sexual relationship.

11. I never saw him hang out with anybody. He’s kind of intense.
我从未见过他和谁一起。他有点神经兮兮

12. Truth or happiness, never both.
真相和快乐不可兼得。

13. We don’t go through people’s dirty laundry.
帮人擦屁股的事情我们不干。

14. He assumes you’re a liar if you’re a homo sapiens.
其实他也是觉得人类等于撒谎。
*homo sapiens 现代人,有智慧的人

15. We are in the world, but not of the world.
我们生活于这个世界,但是不能随大流。

16. That guy’s lying his ass off.
这人谎话连篇。

17. You spoon-fed him a good defense, and he’s not stupid. He went with it.
他为自己辩护,他很聪明,照你说的做了。

18. We both moved on.
我们各奔东西。

19. You really are a pack rat.
你还真是个收藏癖


双语图解:Lie to Me教你察言观色 辨识谎言